Sunday 3 December 2017

One question


I used to think, I was such a 'good girl' and hence the reason why God loved me, and as a result, the reason I had such a good life. I sometimes judged others thinking they must have done something so terrible and maybe the reason why God was punishing them... I couldn't have been more childish, naive and so wrong. However this was my attitude for such a long time. Till I went through trials I thought I didn't deserve and also, made some wrong choices and was faced with the consequences. Realizing my mistakes, I turned to God in the peculiarity of my situations  and each and every single time, God turned my story around in such a marvelous way that I finally understood 'I am who I am purely by the Grace of God. I knew clearly that the turning of events to favor me wasn't about me or what I did or didn't do but purely and solely by His Grace. 

Yesterday in service, I began to ponder on my life and everything I had been through and I began to see His mighty saving grace, constantly at work in my life. I was indeed humbled to say the least. He looks past my ignorance. Through tests and trials, sins and forgiveness, even when I have absolutely no hope, every single time He helps me. I was convinced that God really loves me. He really loves me and wont give up on me.

This reality filled me with a sense of humility, gratitude and thankfulness. I was so overwhelmed as I began to see things a lot differently. Everything became clear to me how merciful He is and has been towards me just because He loves me. I was left with one question burning in my heart. How can I please you with my life? after the many times You saved me, the many times you forgave me, uncountable times you rescued me, I realize this life of mine belongs to you. 


PRAYER

Dear Father, thank you for your love for me. I am deeply grateful. Please Father, as the days go by help me to know oh so clearly how I can live this life for you. How I can be of service to you. As I say this I fear that I may not be able to meet up with what You will require of me but I put this fear upon You; upon your Mighty awesome power. I put this desire in Your able hands I pray that in your infinite power and awesome glory, that you put my fears to rest and grant me the desires of my heart in Jesus precious name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment