Friday 10 February 2017

There's Too Much At Stake


The struggle is real. When you want to go up, there are forces pulling you back down. Gravity. When all you want is peace, sometimes you have to fight for peace.

I find my peace, sanity, and stability in Christ, in a strong consistent relationship with Him but the truth is, there are forces that pull against this and one is forced to fight for this relationship as it often comes under threat. Sin. Thoughts. Desires.
Just as I was enjoying the peace of a comforting, life giving, renewing and rewarding relationship with Christ my Lord, all of a sudden, the threat of temptations come and momentary as they may seem (and obviously are), they are so strong because they stem from deep within me. My own lusts, emotions, and desires. I'm left to decide between my now and my future, my flesh and my spirit and its tough. I'm forced to choose, to fight!
This battle never ends. It comes and goes and comes again and even as I write I know that it is foolish to satisfy the moment at the expense of my future, my life.
Resist! I must resist! repeating to myself, "I cannot satisfy the moment at the expense of a life time, I cannot sacrifice my future for just a moment of weakness and pleasure."

Matthew 4. Why did Jesus have to be tempted? Why do I have to be tempted? He was actually led by the Spirit to be tempted! why? The same way I ask myself, "why do I have to face this?
Funny enough, when I compare my situation with Jesus's I find so many similarities.
Verse 4, Jesus, after having fasted for so long, was obviously hungry, the devil tempted him with bread. I am sexually deprived, the devil tempts me with sex. Jesus overcomes by the word, the devil strikes again.
Jesus probably vulnerable and missing his Heavenly throne by virtue of the lowly and humbling experience of the desert is tempted with what is a part of within him, Enthronement. He was tempted to satisfy his now with the kingdoms of the world which was in no way compared to the highest enthronement in Heaven on the right hand side of God Almighty. He made a choice. The choice of a higher Glory v10.

Six minutes, or an hour (of which I strongly doubt) of bodily pleasure against all my goals, my dreams, my desires, my honestly rewarding relationship with God, my sanity, my innocence, my peace, my life, my God.... is way too costly. So much at stake.
At the end of the day it just boils down to a choice. Deuteronomy 30v19 urges me to "choose life that I and my children may live."

Jesus chose life in v10 and next ANGELS not humans but ANGELS came to attend to Him....
There's too much at stake. I choose life. I'm ready angels...


PRAYERS
Lord Jesus you advised your disciples to pray that they do not give in to sin. Father today I pray. keep me strong alert and ready when temptations come. Keep in my consciousness the stakes. Oh lord I pray in Jesus mighty name. Amen.      

No comments:

Post a Comment