Wednesday 1 February 2017

Mr. Fear



Yesterday in the course of my day I was faced with some challenges, my son was crying, he didn't want to go to school he had some challenges he didn't want to face at school and it broke my heart, suddenly a knock on my door, I looked. It was Mr. Fear.  I thank God I had woken up early in the morning to set the tone of my day. I had prayed and received strength so I was able to speak to the situation saying it wasn't welcome even though Mr. Fear was still knocking on my door.
I dropped him off at school and continued to pray in my heart.

Hours later at the library preparing for an exam I will be writing in June, I was having difficulty understanding some parts of my studies... moments later a knock on my door I checked, it was a familiar face, Mr. Fear. Hmm I thought... he doesn't get tired of knocking.

It was night this time and I was on my bed, reviewing what I had read earlier, when I heard another knock... louder this time and he was he was speaking saying things!
You see, the first two times he knocked I ignored him, instead the first time I spoke what I wanted even though I was a bit upset and the second time I reminded myself that I can do all things because I have the active Spirit of God inside me but this time, the knock was so loud and I must admit he disturbed me a bit but I just went to bed, not paying him any attention. 

This morning I opened my Bible and My Lord made me smile He gave me new confidence he said;

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked advance against me
to devour me,
it is my enemies and my foes
who will stumble and fall.
Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then I will be confident... (Psalm 27)


I took it all in line after line and my understanding and awareness of His presence was reinforced, He is with me no matter what or how many challenges  comes my way He is my strength meaning He fights on my behalf if I let him. When Mr. Fear and his hosts come against me, they will stumble and fall. 

It was then I also realized that Mr. Fear doesn't have any powers over me or my door. If he did he wont be knocking, he'd probably break down the door instead. He only has a loud voice and disturbs a lot with his non stop knocking. Will he ever go away, I guess not but one things for sure! Whenever he comes knocking I WILL NEVER OPEN.

PRAYER

Thank you everlasting Father because all power belongs to You and for your promise to me instructing me not to fear because You oh Lord are my Light, my Salvation, my Stronghold and for this Lord I am grateful. As I keep this in my mind today I ask that you strengthen every weak and weary heart Oh Lord I pray in Jesus mighty name Amen.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment