Friday 31 May 2013

WORRIED??


Some weeks ago, this particular scripture touched me. I was worried and I knew I didn't need to be but it was as though I couldn't help myself...

I came across this familiar scripture- Matthew 11v28-30 "Come unto me,  all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me for I am meek and 
lowly in heart and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

It sounded so comforting. Surely I want rest for my soul and I certainly also want an  easy yolk and a light burden. I couldn't help asking myself, how did Jesus want us to come to him? By prayer perhaps? And how do I effectively learn of him? How? How??


PRAYER 
Sweet Holy Spirit, 
Thank you for not only are you always with me but you are also my teacher . Please show me exactly how Jesus wanted us to come to Him. Teach me how to also learn of Him. I know only you can help me.
 Please sweet Spirit of God Show me how that I may do it, for I humbly ask in Jesus mighty name. Amen.


After this prayer, I felt like I had to read the New Testament all over again . Keenly taking note of how Jesus behaved and try to imitate Him. I pray God helps me because I really love Jesus. I'll continue, believing the Holy Spirit is already leading me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment