Tuesday 19 November 2013

A Little About Love ❤️

...My sincere thoughts on love as it concerns the Holy Spirit. 

Love is such a beautiful thing. Bible says Love covers a multitude of sin and this is so true in many ways and from different angles. 

I just wanted to give voice to something that was on my mind today and it has a lot to do with my love for the Holy Spirit. 

Love whether we know it or not, or even care to agree or admit, often passes through lots of tests and trials and most times we don't even know our love is being tried. 
Today, I hardly spent quality time with the Holy Spirit and it hit me, if I claim I love Him, I should never sacrifice spending quality time with Him. I couldn't help but wonder if this could be a testing of my love for Him. Would my love stand the trials that it may encounter as I go into this relationship-having no doubts of His own love and faithfulness towards me. 
This truly got me thinking, comparing it with my love for my husband, a friend or even love for my children. Truly to love means to make conscious sacrifices. 
And because like I said earlier the Holy Spirit is quiet, gentle and calm making it so easy to forget He is even there, loving Him ( to me at least) requires conscious deliberate effort. 

As part of building my relationship with the Holy Spirit, one of the things I had to do was to first of all personify Him not thinking of Him as an abstract thing (smoke, fire, dove or cloud), because while He can be all that and even more, He is a person too. 
I honestly want my love for Him to grow and stand every and any test or trial and truly, all He has ever asked of me so far is to spend time with Him; and if I spend time with Him I will know more about Him, the more Iknow about Him the more I know I will love Him and the more I love Him, the more He will rub off on me, until a time where communion with Him will be a delight and loving Him will be easier. 

The first sacrifice still hinges on spending time with Him. 

PRAYER
Dear Lord please fill me with a strong desire and hunger for the Holy Spirit and with everything I need to have a rich relationship with Him that can withstand every test or trial in Jesus Mighty name I pray. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment