Saturday 16 November 2013

My Comforter...

I learnt total surrender brings about total communion. I realized true to myself that most times when need advice, help or companionship, I pick the phone and call a friend and usually what happens is that she/he may not be available, and (or) depending on their capability, they may not necessarily be able to help me. They may just sympathize with me and tell me a very warm and heartfelt word but I'm left with whatever made me call them in the first place. 

Now, I'm not saying friends aren't good but I want the Holy Spirit to be my first point of call. The first person I look to when I'm down, in need of direction, weak, confused or lonely. I wonder how He must feel just there waiting on me just to be good to me. 

The problem is I'm not used to Him, and I have made him less real to me. But I also know with all surety in my heart that I want all that to change completely. Good friendships and communion are developed with a lot time spent together. And I'm willing to invest my time to know Him more. I read somewhere some requirements for good communion. They were; presence, fellowship, sharing together, participation with, intimacy, friendship, and comradeship. 

PRAYER
Sweet Holy Spirit. I want to be close to you. I want you to be involved with everything that concerns me. I'm ready. Please show me areas I need to yield  more. Please help me. In Jesus mighty name I pray. Amen. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment