Monday 18 November 2013

Spend Time With Me.

That has been ringing in my ears ever since I got to know more about Him (The Holy Spirit). 

It was quite easy to know about Him. I just simply read books with Bible reference about Him with an open mind and a longing heart. 

The more I read, the more I knew. The more I knew the more I desired. 

Meet My New Best Friend. 

I'm both excited and sad as I write about my new best friend. I'm excited because I love meeting people and having friends and anytime I meet a new person I can't stop talking about them. I'm sooo excited to talk about Him. But I'm sad because words are not going to be enough to describe Him. He is just tooo much!!!

He is gentle, calm and loving, yet so powerful and mighty. He loves me so much, He follows me everywhere, waiting for me to talk to Him. He is just too gentle that most times, it's easy to forget He is actually there. He is calm and very peaceful. 

He cares and wants to be involved with every detail of my life. When He speaks and me and I listen and do what he says He likes it!  He gets comfortable and He speaks more. He is so sensitive if I don't acknowledge Him. He quietly moves away but because He loves me so much. He hangs around. 

The beautiful thing about Him is that He is extermely  powerful He told me how he shows His power. He shows it through the spoken word of God.

Today I felt like relating with Him. I had been carrying a lot on my mind and I wanted to share it with Him but didn't know how to go about it and I  was getting frustrated. 
Then, just before I gave up. I opened my mouth and said "Sweet Holy Spirit. I want to just talk to you and fellowship with you but I don't know how to go about it please help me. I'm feeling sleepy too please strengthen me. " There and then I realized He doesn't like "I " he likes "we" because as soon as I told Him to help me, I just knew what to do! when all the while I was struggling alone. 

It was such a wonderful time we spent. I told Him about myself and He listened and said "I know you." I told Him all the things I was finding difficult. I  just kept going on and on then I realized I had been carrying so much on my mind. I told Him my dreams, desires and  difficulties. He just listened. Quietly. He was truly near me. With me, in me and by me all at the same time. 
Then I told Him to talk to me while I  keep quiet. -He said " I love spending time with you, keep your eyes on me, and I will help you."  

I was so excited I felt like telling everyone!! He actually spoke back!!!. It felt like He was speaking to my heart putting my fears to rest. Because I was afraid of loosing Him. He just said "keep your eyes on me." 

PRAYER
I will keep my eyes on you dear friend because I don't want to loose you. Remember your promise to help me and strengthen me. For I pray in Jesus mighty name. 

Romans 8v11
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

John 10 v2-5

2But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
4And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
5And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.




No comments:

Post a Comment