Monday 22 July 2013

My Greatest Fear....

My greatest fear is that I might sin and make You angry with me Lord. That I might disobey and make You disappointed in me Lord. Yet I know the only fear I am allowed to have is the fear of God and not the fear of doing wrong but can I hide my true feelings from You Jehovah God? You ready know me You can see through my heart. Who else can I run to but You. You created me, You can fix me here I am Lord,
I'm afraid!!!!

I read my Bible today and I saw where Solomon prayed to You after building the temple and making sacrifices to You in 2chron 6v14. He prayed saying that You show unfailing love to all who walk before You in wholehearted devotion. I used his words to reflect on myself; do I walk in wholehearted devotion consistently? I want to do what is right but sometimes, I fall short and when I fall short, am I not being halfhearted? When will I ever fully please you in all my ways? I know my faults and I am very far from perfect.

Only you are perfect lord. yet you make me know that you created me in your image this gives me hope that I am capable of walking uprightly and in wholehearted devotion to You Lord.

Merciful and Eternal God I desire to be Holy as you are Holy; here I stand looking up to You. I desire to have an excellent spirit, to be a shining light, help me make it Lord, so that people will see me and have hope that they also can live Holy lives pleasing in Your sight worthy of your blessings and promises. Help me please You in all my ways, to come before You with a pure and innocent heart. help me peel off permanently old habits like being judgmental, bitter, jealous, lustful,lazy, foul with my tongue, prayerlessness just to mention a few.

I know you will not call me to do the impossible because you said in 1corr10v13, "No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."
 Dear Father I am asking that You help me for You are God and there is no limit to Your power please make every crooked path in my life straight. Purify me and wash me with your blood that washes whiter than snow. Mould me and make me into what you want me to be that I may forever bring glory to Your Holy name

Thank you Lord for always listening to me when I call. You are a God like no other and I bless your Name! 

No comments:

Post a Comment