Saturday 27 July 2013

"Not by power nor by might"

Zechariah 4v6
So he said to me, “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power,but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty.

It is by the Spirit of God that we can truly serve Him. John 4v 23-24 says 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

I want to serve God the right way but I discovered that just wanting to and also going all out in my strength and understanding left me frustrated, exhausted and almost uninterested. At this point I knew something was wrong. The only thing that kept me from quitting altogether was how lost I felt, how naked I felt how vulnerable and scared I felt. Still hungry and thirsty. A gap, a space, a vacuum that only God could fill. I thank God for that. I can only serve God by His Spirit.

Now how can I truly be filled and remain filled truly by Holy Spirit? I have been here many times. I don't want to come and go I want to dwell here daily in His presence. Not pretense, not acting, but a TRANSFORMATION. 


PRAYER
Dear Lord, please show me how to die to my flesh and live by your Spirit. Show me life in Christ that I might die to life in Adam. Help me to serve you in Spirit and in Truth. For I ask in Jesus Mighty Name I pray Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment