Saturday 21 September 2013

Grace To Love Unconditionally.

There are times in my life when my routine is distorted, when there are more activities than usual like giving birth to another baby, or planning a trip, receiving so many guests in my home or planning a family occasion like weddings or naming ceremonies. My daily schedule changes drastically. These activities could stretch from just days to months. When I find myself in such situations it's usually quiet time and spending time with God that takes the hit. 

It's so easy to say, "God understands" he sees my tight schedule and he knows how tough it is to wake up at 3/4am in these times for quiet time. 



When I sit to think of it, even though that has been my attitude in the past, and even though I struggle with it still, I DONT  want to love and serve God conditionally! I don't want to serve Him when times are easy and convenient or when things are "okay & normal."

If He wasn't faithful to make me wake up each and everyday will I still be able to do all these things? Isn't it in trying times like this that I need His grace, love, strength and support? Isn't it now I need him the most?

In the past I would conveniently push God to the back burner but today! I will do things differently!- I  will as for His Grace to see me through. 
For His strength, love and an even closer presence to see me through each moment.... The Grace to love and serve Him unconditionally. Whether busy, overwhelmed, stressed or not. 

Mark 4v18&19
The seed that fell among the thorns represent others who hear God's word but all too quickly the message is crowded out by the "worries of this life," the lures of wealth, and the desire for other things, so no fruit is produced. 

PRAYERS. 
Dear Lord, in the past, in seasons like these, I neglected your word when the worries of this world came at me. It happened countless number of times and is even threatening now. But you have saved me many times enough for me to realize that it would be bad for me to take your love for granted. 

I recognize your love replaying in this and even now so, Dear Lord, instead of pushing You aside till when it is "convenient" I ask for more grace, more strength and an overwhelming awareness of your presence strengthening me and seeing me through.
If you were not faithful in keeping me would I even be here. Help me to be more faithful. Just like you. 
Sweet Holy Spirit please help me I need You. Strengthen, help and stand by me. 

I love you so much Lord. I do not want to take you for granted. Help me still for I pray in Jesus mighty name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment