Monday 9 September 2013

I Change Not!

It has been quite emotional for me these past few days. Sometimes I marvel at how so easily one can spiral down the road of worry.

The joys of worshiping in His presence and the true essence and beauty of fellowship with Him diminishes as this ill of worry sets in. I have come to literarily see it as a robber of joy and all things godly. 

I thank God for His sovereign nature. I'm grateful for the gift of His word! It snatches us from whatever situation, trial or condition we are in! And the promise that He will never leave us or forsake us is so reassuring and comforting. 

As I entered His presence today, all slouched down trying to salvage what praise was left in me, I asked this question, "what has changed?" Almost immediately this answer came to my heart. 

Malachi 3v6
For I am The Lord, I change not;

So, since my God does not change, then who has?- The answer was glaring. It was me. 

I learnt a huge lesson today, even though I have been told before, situations may change, times may change, everything else may change, but my God cannot and will not change! He is still the same yesterday, today and forever! The same loving, forgiving, kind, marvelous, mighty, awesome, saving, sovereign, steadfast and true God! 

The lyrics of the song "You Are Eternal" by Don Moen resounds in my heart. 

You are eternal unchanging 
And there is no shadow
Of turning with You
O it's true
I have a covenant with You
You are eternal
Forever You will be my God 

Therefore it is important that I give Him my unconditional praise. Happy or sad. Irrespective of feelings situations or circumstance. Because He is worthy, unchanging, steadfast, sovereign, and  eternal!  Glory be to His Holy name. 

PRAYER
Dear Lord, I thank You for your Sovereignty, and your Steadfastness. I bless Your name because You are God regardless of whatever circumstance i go through or however I may feel. 
Help me to always remember this. Help me also dear Lord to always give You my praise and worship due You in every situation. Help me almighty Father for I pray, in Jesus mighty name. Amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment