Wednesday 4 September 2013

In a strange land...

"...but how can we sing The Lord's song in a strange Land."-Psalm 137v4. 

It's hard to lift up holy hands and sing praises when my heart is burdened. Songs just don't fill my mouth and it takes a lot of effort to do something that's supposed to be easy and effortless. 

I'm having some sorrows right now! I'm sad about how long it will take me to know how to speak wisely? Bible talks so much about using few words, having a quiet spirit, fools being destroyed by their own words. I need help. I find myself always having to explain myself which often times puts me under so much pressure. It makes life unbearable. I need to be wise with my words. I want to listen more and talk less. If I can do this life will be so much easier. Life will be much more simple. 
Apostle Paul in 2Corinthians 7v10&11. Talks about Godly Sorrows that lead us away from sin. Could this be a godly sorrow? 

Still I thank God. That he is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for me. (Heb7v25). 

All I need to do is look up, pray, and get out of this strange place....



PRAYERS.
My Sweet Savior, my Redeemer, my King, my beauty for ashes, my God. You said in many ways to "come". You instructed me not to worry about anything but to pray about everything. You promised that You won't leave me or forsake me, You promised Lord that I should come when I'm labored or heavy laden that You will give me rest. You promised to give me an easy yolk, a lighter burden. Father you promised not to give me stones for bread and a serpent for fish. You said you are able to save to the uttermost if I come through You to God almighty. You said I should come boldly and I believe You!!! For forever Your word is settled in Heaven. I consider it a sin against You having heard all these to still worry. Lord you are able. 

Please Lord give me a quiet spirit, make me a lady of few words. I want to listen more and speak less. Whenever I open my mouth to speak let wisdom flow through. Full my heart with all of You! So when ever I open my mouth it's Your own words that will come out. Fill me Lord. Fill my mind have Your way in me. I have made up my mind to follow You! Lord please lead me. I want to empty myself of every weight and burden that makes my journey with you stressful and unbearable. Bitterness, worry, guilt, un forgiveness, to mention a few. I don't want to praise You in a strange land. My heavy heart I give to You please change me. 
Thank You Lord for you are concerned with all that concerns me. I give You my praise. I give you my heart, my all. I love you Lord. In Jesus mighty name I have prayed. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment