Monday 28 April 2014

FIVE TALENTS


It is not all the time I drift into deep thoughts where I begin to analyze and evaluate my life. But when I do, questions like "why am I here?" "am I fulfilling Godly purpose?", "am I making a difference in my world?", "am I maximizing my time here on earth?" saturate my mind.
Part of who I am always wants to be better, and be much more than I already am. I always feel deep down in my heart that, I am capable of so much more... I always feel I could be stronger, wiser, and accomplish much more than I currently do and that there is so much in me that is struggling to come out... Well these are mere thoughts and they carry a greater and more meaningful definition in my mind.

In Matthew 25v14-29, Jesus talked about a man who was traveling to a far country and before he did, he called his servants and divided amongst them, some talents. To one he gave five talents to another, two talents and to the third, he gave only a talent.  When the master came back, he asked for an account of how they used the talents given to them and because the first servant made good use of his, he gained five more; so did the second servant but at the turn of the third servant, it was discovered that he buried his! And this is was the verdict v28 take therefore the talents from him and give it unto him which hath ten talents. v29 for unto everyone that hath shall be given and he shall have an abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. KJV

My take on this scripture is this, I know that talents in ancient times referred to money but if I used the word literarily to mean natural abilities, I can however relate it to my life. God fearfully and wonderfully made us (Psalm 139v14) depositing within us, special abilities (2 Corinthians 4v7 but we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that these all surpassing power is from God and not from us. NIV)  and we are to function in the fullness of these abilities and not take them to the grave.
So, therefore if God Almighty blessed me, and purposed for me to function to a certain degree, I don't want to fall short of that expectation. If God created me specifically to fly I certainly don't want to walk or run.
I believe our dear Father, God Almighty created us on purpose for a purpose and I want to fulfill that purpose. I honestly and truly don't want to bury my talents or the hope He had when He sent me to this world in this specific time. I want to be ALL He has designed and called me to be.

Paul in Ephesians 1v 16-19, prayed; I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might... This prayer says it all and I pray for the grace to say this prayer as often as I should.

PRAYER
Heavenly Father I thank you for I am a perfect expression of your specific design. Created on purpose and for a purpose. Furnished with treasures and talents, fearfully and wonderfully made and hidden within. You are awesome Lord and no one living can comprehend your awesome majesty. My heart says thank you even as I approach your throne of mercy. I pray that Dear Lord, you open the eyes of my understanding that I may be filled with the Spirit of wisdom and revelation of the knowledge of you! Bring light to every dark area of my life. Help me to know without a shadow of doubt the hope you had when you called me..help me to know Lord, what you hoped for when you created me and when you do, steady my heart that I may walk in the fullness of this calling. You created me and you know my tendencies, my shortcomings and weaknesses..strengthen now your servant that I may walk according to your will even as I hide myself in your Awesome Perfection.
Help me to know the riches of your glorious inheritance in me and the tremendous greatness of your power towards me because I believe according to the working of your great might. I have always known in the deep part of my heart that there is more that your have deposited in me that is yearning to find full expression. Dear Father please help me to break the chains that holds me bound and the barriers that hold me captive. Release now your servant that I may shine in the light of your glory according to your will Dear Father for I pray in Jesus mighty name. Thank You Father for when we call on you, you hear. Thank You sweet Holy Spirit for enabling me to put to text what you have lodged deep within my heart. For this I am truly grateful. Amen.





    

No comments:

Post a Comment