Thursday 10 April 2014

JUST TALK TO HIM

For most people, prayer time seems like punishment, or some grueling task. Well, for me it was quite a struggle especially because I always felt I had to pray according to some standard, like someone or for a certain amount of time. Often times I found myself repeating certain phrases over and over again. I often prayed in frustration, "God, please teach me to pray." I was always saddled with the guilt of not being able to just simply pray when deep down it had always been a strong desire.
I never stopped admiring my younger sister who could not just pray for hours but would pray about anything and at any time and would see result to her prayers.

I have this friend that would ask me each time I was going through any difficulty no matter how little or insignificant the issue was, he would ask, "Have you prayed about it?" and my answer would be "No." but when the conversation was over, I would ask myself but why? (knowing all I know) Why wasn't prayer my first call and I'll feel so bad. This was very frustrating to say the least.

Luke 18v1 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;
Philippians 4v6 Be careful for nothing but in everything by prayer, supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known unto God. 

After much, I sincerely thank God because He grants us the desires of our heart and He sure listens. These days, after much study and pondering on the matter I realize that I can not impress God with eloquence or knowledge of the Bible or my ability to spend a lengthy period of time repeating my self over and over again to impress people or to even feel justified.
Matthew 6v7 And when you pray, do not keep on and on as people of other religions do. They think their prayers are answered merely by repeating their words again and again. NLT

Now, when I do pray, I open up my heart and JUST TALK TO HIM and the more time I spend in His presence the more I have faith that He hears me and not only does He have the capacity of take in all I have to say no matter how insignificant, but He also has the power to change any circumstance. All He wants is the sincerity of my heart and that's all He needs to be able to build me up in every area which includes a solid prayer life and most importantly, He cares for me.

1 Samuel 16v7 But the LORD said to Samuel,  "Don't judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The LORD doesn't see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance but the LORD looks at the heart."

PRAYER
Dear LORD I receive the grace that makes prayer a delight even as you grant it unto me freely in Jesus mighty name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment