Friday 18 April 2014

What's Your Struggle? 1

I made up my mind never to exclude God from anything I go through no matter the situation. I took this decision, having learnt my lesson to call on The Lord no matter what. Previously, I would run and hide away; ostracising and punishing myself unnecessarily with so much guilt and self loathing such as would offer me no redemption. Now, I am now fully aware that he came for someone just like me! I don't have to be strong all my myself. He came to help me. Luke 19v10. NLT.

For a few days now, I have been struggling with a couple of things... well, my favorite way to pass time, relax or just to have some fun is to dance, listen to all kinds music (some of which may not be entirely Christian base), watch movies, amongst many other things. These things seem trivial but it has taken a few days from me, pondering and wondering if these things which I honestly love doing is actually against the will of God or doesn't bring Him glory.

I find my self in a constant argument with myself and would constantly say this "...but, all I wanna do is dance..." It is really hard giving up something one particularly likes.
I sometimes successfully stay away from listening to circular music but the moment I happen to listen to a few tunes I like, I literarily just get sucked in. What does one do when something you like doing could be "bad." ...Well, I said this prayer, holding on to His word when He said "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but The Lord delivers him out of them all." Psalm 34v19.


PRAYER
Dear Lord, thank you for your loving invitation to approach your throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4v16. Lord please help me in every area of struggle, bring clarity for every confusion, answers for every question and direction in every way I seem to be lost. I ask for strength in every area of my weakness even as I look to you the author and the finisher of my faith.
Thank you dear Father for I am confident in the truth that all things are working together for my good for this I praise Your name even as I pray, in Jesus mighty name Amen.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment