Tuesday 8 April 2014

Help Me Lord

I truly dislike being disregarded, taken for granted, ignored, being used, I basically do not like it when I'm not being loved or when I'm not the centre of attraction of those that I love.. It's the honest truth!!

In as much as this is how I feel, I am forced to also take stock of how I treat those that love me! Care for me, pay attention to me, regard me! Do I exhibit the same love to them as I require from them?

I am forced to ask myself this question knowing that God loves me so much and has given me so much and continues to lavish so much on me, I am forced to as if I give back even a fraction of this same love in the attitude of honoring, respecting, valuing, fearing and acknowledging Him, I'm afraid the answer is no. Not all the time! In Luke 7v36-50 Jesus talks about the story of the Simon the Pharisee and a certain immoral woman. There is a show of different levels of love and regard for Jesus. I somemetimes behave like the Pharisee while I should at all times be like the humble immoral woman. 

PRAYER
Dear Lord, please help me put you first in all that I do! I never want to take you for granted. Help me show unconditional love, honour, respect and fear for you! I do not want to take your love and mercy for granted. 
Help me Lord for I pray in Jesus mighty name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment