Tuesday 22 April 2014

What's Your Struggle? 2

Torn between my personal desires and God's plan and desires for me, I found myself seeking answers. Deep down in my heart I have faith that I will get answers because I have asked; knowing  He is true to His word when He said "call on me and I will answer, and shew thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not." Jeremiah 33v3. KJV.

It simply can't be mere coincidence that my daily Bible study happens to be at this very point in time be on Joshua. This book talks about the children of Israel being led by Joshua after the death of Moses, into the promise land. He leads them through various battles in order to claim what had been promised them by God. (I couldn't help but notice that even though God had promised the children of Israel the promise land, they still had a part to play... they still had to fight their way through.)

Well, relating the WORD with my personal struggle (as is my guide and as I always try to do,) I pondered as I continue to search for answers in His word. Before they (the children of Israel) went to possess their land, Moses said in Deuteronomy 7v22, "The Lord will clear away these nations before you little by little. You may not make an end to them at once, lest the wild beasts grow too numerous for you. This got me thinking...

Moving forward to Judges 1 after the death of Joshua, some tribes failed to drive out the natives from their midst and in Judges 2v1-3 The angel of The Lord went up from Gilgal to Bokin and said to the Israelites, 'I brought you out of Egypt into this land that I swore to give your ancestors, and said I  would never break my covenant with you. For your part, you were not to make any covenants with the people living in this land; instead, you were to destroy their alters. But you disobeyed my command. Why did you do this? So now I declare, that I will no longer drive out the people living in your land. They will be thorns in your sides, and their gods will be a constant temptation to you.'

These passages come to me each time I find myself struggling with old habits, throwing me into a cascade of thoughts... as try to align my desires with His desires for me.
I concluded this way... I am still on a journey and whilst on it, I discover some places are familiar, and in some places, I have no clue of where I am. The journey could sometimes be smooth, interesting and fascinating and other times it could be dark, scary and bumpy. In all these I seek, I find comfort in the truth that as long as I'm not the one driving and God is, I can rest assured that I will get to my destination because, He knows the way because He is the way. He is the author and finisher of my faith, He (Christ) in me, is my hope of glory and He that started the good work in me will bring it to completion at the day of JESUS CHRIST.

PRAYER
Father Lord, I surrender all my struggles to you trusting in your love for me. Please Father help me find my way and help me to please you in all my desires and in everything I do. I hope and trust in you and only you for I pray in Jesus mighty name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment