Monday 19 August 2013

Be Still...Wait Patiently...

It's easy to be discouraged when you want something and it seems like you are never going to have it. Giving up usually becomes an attractive option. Resentment for the thing we so desperately wanted in the first place may also come into the picture. Waiting isn't such an easy thing to do. We become anxious impatient,doubtful or we even give up. 

But the truth simply is that it takes time to build solid and lasting structures. Fine wine becomes rich with time, good things take time to harvest. There must be a reason why babies take nine months sometimes more in the womb before they are born. Trying to get there quicker has its risks and side effects and probably, also, faults. But nothing is usually found wanting when a thing is left to full maturation. 

While waiting on something (anything) or someone it usually seems like nothing is changing. Like we are wasting time and especially when whatever we are waiting for or on, is the center of our attention. This could be very discouraging. 

I'm waiting on The Lord ... And sometimes I can't help but get the feeling that nothing is ever going to change. And even though I'm very hopeful with a clear image of my expectations of which I know God has promised to exceed, once in a while, I find myself almost slipping into this phase of the cyclic monotony of repetitive actions, unconsciously. 

But I'm encouraged. Because there's bread while I wait. Freshly baked each day. Today's bread truly satisfied my specific hunger. It came from the oven of Psalm 37v7- "Be still in the presence of The Lord and wait patiently for Him to act. Some days back I read (ate)in Psalm 27v14- "wait patiently for The Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for The Lord. 
It is important to me that I eat because I don't know how long I might be waiting for. I will not waste the bread. I am determined to wait for Him because I love Him and since I can't buy Him gifts I will show Him how much I love him and need him by waiting on Him. 
I'm also encouraged because I'm excited to see what he has in store for me. 

I know that though I can't see growth,  growth happens. I know I have grown. I cant see change either but change sure happens and I am changing. Though I cannot see where I'm going I know I will get there because I strongly believe and I have faith that what my eyes cannot see and what my mind cannot comprehend, where my feet cannot carry me to and where my strength fails my God is more than able to carry me through. 

PRAYER
Heavenly Father, I don't need to see You to know You are real. I accept You just the way You are. You know my hearts desire, a closer walk than Moses had, a deeper friendship than Abraham had, more fear than Daniel had more respect and obedience for You than Samuel had more Praise and worship than David gave You and so much more... is my desire and that's why I wait on You. I love You so much Lord I want to please You in all my ways. I want to be a song that continuously sings of Your goodness and mercy, grace and power, glory and splendor, majesty and  authority. 
Lord please exceed my expectation. Where I am now, I know is a far cry from all these things but I hope in Your mighty and powerful ability that is able to make me into what You want me to be.  I know without a shadow of doubt that You can and will exceed my expectations. 
  Father please I need more of Your Spirit more of your grace, more Dear Lord while I wait. 
I thank You in advance because You have done it. I give You my praise because because You are more than able. Glory, honour, strength, wisdom, power and majesty be to Your Holy name    In Jesus mighty name I pray. Amen. 


3 comments:

  1. Inspirational>>>>>>> I am waiting on the Lord as he said he will surely bring his words to pass. Faith so strong in me "I will get there".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Thank you for reading! God bless you always.

    ReplyDelete