Saturday 10 August 2013

Just Keep Coming....

I love swimming. The fact that I can derive so much benefit from something that gives me so much pleasure is such a blessing. I decided to take my interest to the next level and improve on my strokes, endurance and basically get better at it. 

It wasn't long before I started getting frustrated with the fact that I couldn't get past my current status. I felt stuck. Is this all I'm ever going to be? I knew I could do better. I wanted more....Faster,  precise, and I sure didn't want to pant as much after each lap. 

In my quest for better, I asked the lifeguard "how come I'm not getting any better at this?" And his answer was simple " just keep coming". 

I knew he was right. The only struggle I now had to face, wasn't the struggle in water, but to do my best and make sure that I made it to the pool and I'll be just fine. One lesson I learnt is not to struggle 'with' the water, but struggle 'to' water. (I mean to make it to the pool).

Like swimming, I really want to know God more than I currently do. I want to know how to Praise him more, obey Him more, hear Him speak to me clearly, fear only Him. I want closer, I want deeper. I believe that if I can achieve this, prayer will be a delight...something to hunger for, worship will be quite an experience. And serving only Him won't be such a struggle. 

So I started again, and this time I won't struggle in His presence, but struggle to His presence. The first step is to make out time. I dragged myself out of bed by 4am today and I said this prayer....

PRAYER
My dear Father, I thank You for waking me up this morning. Thank You for telling me to come boldly before Your throne of grace. I realize that Your grace is sufficient to carry me through. Your hands are more than able and You are more than able to mould me. Your blood is more than powerful enough to wash me clean. Your strength is enough to energize me because You are Jehovah  El-Shadai the God that is more than enough.
Dear Lord, here I am. I made out time to seek You. Please help me make it back here 4am tomorrow. I will do my best and struggle if I have to because I realize, that's all I need to do. Then You'll do the rest. 

Dear Lord, You know I love You and more than anything in the world I want to know You. Please Lord, help me for in Jesus mighty name I pray. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment