Sunday 25 August 2013

I Will Watch What I Do!!

I have learnt a lot of things in my walk with God! One of the things I have noticed as I wait on God (to know him more), is my consciousness of not wanting to sin against Him. The more I practice His presence,the more I am careful of what I allow myself to think and what I do! Psalm 39v1 explains this feeling precisely- I said to myself "I will watch what I do and not sin in what I say. I will hold my tongue when the ungodly are around me." NLT. 

It's wonderful! His presence truly guides me. I don't want leave!!! I want to remain here! I'm far from perfect that's why I need to be close to the one who is-Perfect! 

Yesterday, I needed a word to use in my defense when the enemy comes to plague my mind, or even tempt me! After all, 1Peter5v8 warns me to -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour. 
He is at the hem of my clothes waiting for an opportunity to derail me. In my worry not to offend God I prayed "Lord give me a word to use against the enemy when he attacks. If he was bold enough to tempt Jesus, who am I that he can't tempt". 
Jesus had his own weapon. (Mat4v1-11). To fight against the enemy I needed mine! I knew better than to worry so I prayed.- Father give me a word! Give me my "it is written"  so that the enemy won't take advantage of me! God answers prayers! Today I found a word that spoke to my spirit! It was in 1Cor15v57- But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.NLT. 

I'm so glad he answered my prayer. I have the victory over sin!!! Answer to prayer sure encourages one to pray more!! My eyes have been open to this scripture and I know I will see even more. I know what to say! I'll practice the use of it!... But I have one more worry!- I'll tell it to Him. After-all, He hears, He answers!!!!

PRAYER. 
Thank you dear Lord for your Son, thank you for answers to prayer. Thank you for making a way of escape. Thank You for you guide me, you lead me in the paths of righteousness and you are at work in me both to will and to do of your good pleasure. Dear Lord, I don't want to forget your word! etch them on my heart and in my mind! Impress them upon my spirit. I never want to forget. Help me sweet Spirit of God teach me and I will never forget the word of God! I can only succeed if You help me my own arm will fail me. Thank you for I know you will exceed my expectation! I thank you for what you have prepared for me from eternity!! Oh how I love You Lord. Keep me deeply rooted in You!! I bless Your Holy name.  For in Jesus mighty name I pray!! Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment