Thursday 22 August 2013

I wait...

Open the eyes of my heart Lord. I want to know You more. As I come into Your presence hungry, thirsty with my arms and heart open wide please feed me! Fill me draw me close to You. Into Your warm and loving embrace and let the sweet perfume of Your Holiness, Your love and kindness rub off on me! 
I can't do anything or make it on my own please don't let my coming be in vain! I need Your Spirit. 
I have resolved in my heart that whether I like it or not, feel anything or not see anything or not You are The Lord. Regardless of how I feel. And I wait patiently knowing that growth and change cannot take place in a day; it takes time and You are too mighty and too awesome for me to know in just a day. And it takes time to develop rich lasting relationships.  However, I am determined to show how much I love You by waiting on You. Even if it takes a lifetime. 

But Lord, give me strength pour out even  more grace please dear Lord and feed me each time. That I may not go weary. I will wait... You are worthy. 

6 comments:

  1. "I love You by waiting on You. Even if it takes a lifetime."

    Seems lately when I spend time in God's Word (and now again here), I keep running across "wait on the Lord." This takes fortitude and hope. Persevering through the waiting builds character and maturity in the Lord. I grew up in the faith, fell away through alcohol and addiction, and returned with the utmost gratitude toward my Savior. He was faithful to me amidst my unfaithfulness to Him. This gratitude compels me forward, but at times my zeal is youthful. Thanks for your words and love for our Lord. It has encouraged me more than you know. To see others maturely waiting on the Lord teaches me in the faith. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to read I pray God continues to give us the grace to wait on what he has in store for us... May He satisfy your thirst, hunger and zeal for Him with his awesome presence! In Jesus mighty name. Amen.

      Delete
  2. This was beautiful!! I wrote something so similar to this when I was deployed to Iraq back in 09. When our souls long for and thirst for God, we become desperate. We go searching for something, something to fill the void that only God can fill. Praise be to God our Sovereign Father!! Love this...keep them coming! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lulu for stopping by, I sure will keep em coming! Keep me in your prayers. You will always be in mine!! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you sweet, for your support right from the beginning!! You won't know how grateful and how loved I feel for you to actually be interested in every single post! Thank u for every correction, and words of encouragement. I love u plenty!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete