Wednesday 28 August 2013

I Used To Envy The People Of The Old Testament...

I used to envy the people of the Old Testament like Abraham, Moses, Samuel, Daniel, David just to mention a few (especially Moses and Abraham). 

I thought, they heard God speak oh so clearly surely it would have been more encouraging and easier to obey. They had His voice, His clear instruction to guide them he appeared to Moses in the burning bush or to others through His glorious angels. I felt He revealed Himself to them more! 

I even prayed sometimes that I could see Him, and hopefully hear Him speak to me in a loud thundering voice... I prayed sometimes with my children "Lord make me an obedient child like Samuel" or "I want to be your best friend like Abraham." 

My heart would sink each time I felt I was asking for too much that it may never happen or that I was asking for the impossible. I feared to tell people my deep desire because I knew they'd say I'm just not serious! I shared this desire once and I remember being told they admired my zeal but I'm just funny. But who would read these amazing stories and not desire such! Well, I think these amazing stories helped me in the sense that it kept me desiring to know God more and have a close walk with Him. I don't regret this!  

Today I came across 2 Corinthians 3v3-18. And as I meditated on it I realized I have it even better. If so be it that the word of God says so, then I accept!! 

Clearly, you are a letter from Christ showing the result of our ministry among you. This “letter” is written not with pen and ink, but with the Spirit of the living God. It is carved not on tablets of stone, but on human hearts.We are confident of all this because of our great trust in God through Christ. It is not that we think we are qualified to do anything on our own. Our qualification comes from God. He has enabled us to be ministers of his new covenant. This is a covenant not of written laws, but of the Spirit. The old written covenant ends in death; but under the new covenant, the Spirit gives life.

The Glory of the New Covenant

The old way, with laws etched in stone, led to death, though it began with such glory that the people of Israel could not bear to look at Moses’ face. For his face shone with the glory of God, even though the brightness was already fading away. Shouldn’t we expect far greater glory under the new way, now that the Holy Spirit is giving life? If the old way, which brings condemnation, was glorious, how much more glorious is the new way, which makes us right with God! 10 In fact, that first glory was not glorious at all compared with the overwhelming glory of the new way. 11 So if the old way, which has been replaced, was glorious, how much more glorious is the new, which remains forever!

12 Since this new way gives us such confidence, we can be very bold. 13 We are not like Moses, who put a veil over his face so the people of Israel would not see the glory, even though it was destined to fade away. 14 But the people’s minds were hardened, and to this day whenever the old covenant is being read, the same veil covers their minds so they cannot understand the truth. And this veil can be removed only by believing in Christ.15 Yes, even today when they read Moses’ writings, their hearts are covered with that veil, and they do not understand.

16 But whenever someone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord—who is the Spirit—makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image.

I am glad I have new hope. I wasn't crazy  after all! The word confirms it. I have it better!!! I receive it by faith

PRAYER.

Dear Lord, thank You! Thank You For the finished work of the Cross of Calvary. The more I read Your word the more I hear you clearly saying to me how awesome and mighty a thing you did for us, when You sacrificed Your own Son on the cross. You gave us a gift that keeps giving many more other gifts. The implication of His death is so mighty! I may never fully comprehend the depth of it! Thank You Lord! Your word is true when You said that The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts. Thank You Lord, for what You have done. I praise Your name for I have renewed faith and hope that I have it better than Moses and Abraham! Glory be to Your Holy name!!! You are awesome, I love You and I will wait on You!!!! In Jesus mighty name I pray Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm deep thoughts right there, you know what really touched me? Verse 16 -18......... Its so true when you turn to the Lord all burden is cast out. I truly desire to have the spirit work in me and i tap into your prayer. God bless you dear.Amen!!!!!

    ReplyDelete