Wednesday 7 August 2013

Discipline Me Lord.

I remember when I was much younger. Mom was the worst thing I could ever imagine. Never letting me have my way always yelling about one thing or the other. Always talking and talking.... Endlessly. So strict and tough. But I always loved her wanted her to love me back the way I wanted her to. Which will include a little yes to what I wanted. More tv, more outings etc. Little did I know that she saw ahead. Loved me in a different way. Loved my future didn't want me to "use the fleeting pleasures of now, destroy my tomorrow." Today I can stand tall. And it all makes more sense now what she was trying to do to me....for me. All she was doing was  trying to mould me, shape me and even though it hurt soooo badly, it was good for me in the end. Now we get along nicely  I value her more and I see clearly now what she was trying to do. I will be eternally grateful to her for who I am today is a direct result of her sacrifice for me. 

PRAYER
Dear Lord. Please discipline me like mom did and even more. So I may come out pure. I realize I might not like it at all and I'm even almost scared to ask you to..... But I also realize its what I need. Discipline me Lord but not in your anger. For it is better for me to be at your mercy than at he mercy of anyone else. Teach me to obey, honor, trust and fear You. Teach my lips to praise and worship You. Mould me. Make me into what pleases You.  Please Lord don't relent when I cry for pain for it will be good for me in the end. Mom didn't give up on me please Lord don't give up on me because you are mightier and more powerful. Hear and answer my desperate cry Lord for in the end I know I will not be ashamed. Only You knows my future. Thank You Lord for You hear and answer prayers, for I pray in Jesus mighty name.  Amen.  

This one's for you Mom, thanks for making me stand tall on the happiest day of my life!!! God bless you and renew your youth like that of the eagle! Thank You Lord all glory be to Your Holy name! 






2 comments:

  1. Mothers are gold! Thank God for putting us in their care, to guide us in the way we should go,though we wanted to tread the path that we believed was "better." Lord please guide me in the way i should go, and correct me when going wrong. This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What profound and refreshing words! Over the past couple of weeks, I have not stop thinking of the words in your prayer: "Please Lord don't relent when I cry for pain for it will be good for me in the end." I can't tell you the number of times that I cried out of self-pity than a true broken heart over sin. God is a good Father to us. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete