Monday 26 August 2013

The Secret To Wealth and Riches

The word of God is complete. I once heard that it is the instruction manual for living. Living by its instruction, truly guides us through life, Jesus makes us know that He is The Way, The Truth and The Life.(John 14v6) The way I interpret this is- His word is the truth. He will show us the way (because he is the way) and give us life!! This word is given to us through the Bible. 

There are so many principles given to us by various authors on how to get wealth, how to be rich and so on. While these books are helpful, my choice of read is still the Bible. The words in it come alive in my life and thats no wonder because it is The Life! There are so many treasures and promises that would remain hidden till I search them out! So many principles to live by that are True. 

As I wait on Him, I discover them (promises and principles) and I will hold on tightly to them. I will practice these principles so that they will be activated in my life. While there are so many of them, I came across one today, and it is a clear principle on not only riches, but honor and long life. 

Proverbs 22v4- True humility and fear of The Lord lead to riches, honor, and long life!!!
(Matt 6v33, Ps112v3 also say similar things.)
Simple! Though my focus and my wait is on knowing God, obeying His instructions, having a rich relationship with Him close fellowship with His Holy Spirit and living the new life given to me by my Savior and King, My Lord Jesus Christ, it's such an advantage that these blessings come along with it! 
No wonder, I saw the same principle at work in the life of Solomon in the Bible (1kings3 and 2Chron1). 
Solomon asked for wisdom and knowledge but God gave him wisdom, knowledge, riches, honor and long life!

I must add that from scripture, Prov1v7, Ps111v10, Prov9v10 and Job 28v28 all say one thing "The fear of God is the begining of wisdom."
Could it be that by asking for wisdom and knowledge, King Solomon automatically asked for The Fear of God?

I am greatly encouraged to wait on The Lord!! To seek Him, know more about Him! This journey is the sweetest journey ever!!!! Such discovery! Such joy I feel in my heart!!! The word of God is Loaded!! :)

PRAYER. 
Dear Lord, teach me to fear you! Teach me your ways. I want to dwell in your courts forever keep me deeply rooted in you! Keep me focused on you. For in you I find my rest, my peace, my joy! Have your way in me, refine and purify me cause people to see and come to you!!!!!! Everyone should know you! You are big enough for all of us. Call many to have this same wonderful experience. Teach me to fear you Lord! To obey you! To cling tightly to you!! Where will I be without you! Teach me to fear You Lord! You are wonderful and I love you! 
 

1 comment: